Dried Red Chilli
Fenugreek seeds – 1/8 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Salt to taste
Sesame Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida – a pinch
- Heat water with a pinch of salt and turmeric in a sauce pan. Add amla into the boiling water for 5 minutes. Then drain and allow the amla to cool.
- Once cooled, cut amla into wedges.
- Dry roast the dried red chilli and fenugreek seed. And crush into a powder.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Once hot add asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- Add amla wedges, mix well. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes in low flame.
- Add the dry red chilli and fenugreek seed powder. Then add turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn the flame off.
- Cool to room temperature and store in a dry container. Keep refrigerated for longer shelf life.