|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||219 / 53|
Whole Baby Okra
Okra comes from a large vegetable plant; it has a mild flavour as well as a unique texture. Shana Okra, either whole or cut, may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g and Value Pack of 900g.
Recipe : Okra Stir Fry
- 300 g Shana Whole Baby Okra
- 5 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (flaked)
- 1 inch Ginger root (julienne strips)
- 15 g Coriander
- 1 tsp. Tomato puree
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli powder (to taste)
- Garnish: Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds and sizzle them until they pop.
- Add the Shana Whole Baby Okra and stir-fry for 7 - 10 minutes before adding the tomato puree, salt (to season) and chilli powder. Cook on a low heat for a further 3 minutes before adding the ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.