|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||431/ 103|
Tuvar contains many minerals that are rich in vitamin A, B and C. Shana Tuvar may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Karahi Tuvar
- 300g Shana Tuvar
- 4 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp. Cumin & Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Demerara Sugar
- 200g Tinned Tomatoes (crushed)
- Paste: 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 inch fresh ginger & 2 green chillies.
- Garnish: Coriander Leaves.
- Boil Shana Tuvar in salted water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in a Karahi or wok and fry onions until golden.
- Add paste and Shana Tuvar and cover. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and the rest of the spices. Season with salt and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.