|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||89/ 21|
Turia (a variety of mild gourd) is a tropical plant believed to have originated from India. Shana Turia may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Turia - Thai Style
- 300g Shana Turia
- 4 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard seeds
- 100g Roasted cashew nuts (half split and half coarsely chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (shredded)
- 1 large Tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. Tomato puree
- 4 Green Chillies (2 finely crushed & 2 finely chopped for garnish)
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- Heat oil in a large saucepan until very hot and add cinnamon, cumin and mustard seeds until they begin to pop.
- Add Shana Turia and toss with the seasoned oil. Cover the pan and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomato, tomato puree and crushed chillies and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and stir in the shredded ginger, coconut milk and the coarsely chopped cashew nuts and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add the split cashew nuts and garnish with chopped chillies.