|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||88/ 21|
Tindora are a cross between a cucumber and a gourd and can be used in curries, pickles, salads, marinades and may more. Shana Tindora may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Tindora Sabzi (Shaak)
- 300g Shana Tindora
- 2 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard seeds
- Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric Powder
- 1 tsp. 'Dhanajeera' Powder (cumin & coriander mix)
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 inch Ginger (flaked)
- Heat oil in a saucepan until very hot and add the cumin and mustard seeds (sizzle them in the oil until they begin to pop).
- Add the Asafoetida (Hing) followed by the Shana Tindora and cook with the seasoned hot oil for 3 minutes.
- Cover and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Leave to simmer for 5 more minutes. Finish by garnishing with flaked ginger.