|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||99/ 24|
Snake Gourd is a narrow, twisted elongated fruit grown from climbing vines and has a slight bitter taste. Shana Snake Gourd may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Snake Gourd Bhaji
- 300g Shana Snake Gourd
- 1/4 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Pinch Pepper
- Pinch Cumin Powder
- Pinch Coriander Seed Powder
- 1 cup Water
- Coconut (grated)
- Defrost the Shana Snake Gourd in a microwave for 5 - 10 minutes, or until it is defrosted.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onions. Fry for just a minute.
- Add tomatoes, Snake Gourd and green chilli. Stir-fry for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add tumeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, pepper, cumin powder and coriander seed powder. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add water and bring to boil in a medium heat for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove chilli before serving and garnish with grated coconut.