|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kcal/kJ)||85/ 355|
Shana Saragawa come from fast growing trees; they have a mild flavour and taste similar to Okra. Shana Saragawa may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Saragawa Masala
- 300g Shana Saragawa
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 1/2 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 Chilli (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Besan flour
- Garnish : Coriander
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, water, besan flour, sugar, ginger, chilli and make a smooth paste. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds until they pop. Add Asafoetida and sizzle for 5 seconds.
- Add the spicy yogurt mix and mix well before adding the Shana Saragawa. Cover and cook on medium heat until Saragawa are soft.
- Stir occasionally to ensure even mixing and cooking.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with coriander.