|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||198 / 47|
Shana Red Onions have a mild and sweet taste and are a key ingredient to many dishes. Shana Red Onions (small) may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Red Onion Bhajis
- 8 Shana Red Onions (small)
- 2 Eggs
- 120g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Slice the Red Onions into rings
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the red onion rings and mix well. Then add the flour, coriander and cumin seeds, stir well.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat, add a large spoonful of the mixture and fry for 35-45 seconds until golden brown.
- Turn the bhaji over, and repeat the process until it is crisp and brown all over. Repeat this with the remaining bhaji mixture.