|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kcal/kJ)||23 / 95|
Okra Sliced Rings
Okra comes from a large vegetable plant; it has a mild flavour as well as a unique texture. Shana Okra, either whole or cut, may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g and Value Pack of 900g.
Recipe : Bhindi Sabzi (Shaak)
- 300 g Shana Okra Sliced Rings
- 5 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced)
- 5 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp. Dhanajeera powder (cumin & coriander mix)
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Garnish: Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan until very hot and add cumin and mustard seeds (sizzle them in the oil until they begin to pop).
- Add the Asafoetida followed by the Shana Okra Sliced Rings and cook with the seasoned hot oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic, followed by the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.