|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||217 / 52|
The fresh tender green leaves of the fenugreek plant, called Methi have a bitter-sweet flavour and are widely consumed as a regular green vegetable in Indian cooking. Shana Methi is chopped and may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Methi Turia
- 150 g Shana Methi
- 300g Shana Turia
- 2 Tomatoes (peeled and deseeded)
- 1/2 inch Ginger (shredded, retain half for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin & Coriander mix
- 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 2 small sticks Cinnamon
- 2 cloves Garlic (whole)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cinnamon sticks and garlic cloves for about a minute and remove.
- Add Shana Turia, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the Shana Methi and stir gently.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for further 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, season with salt and simmer until the sauce is reduced to about half.
- Before serving, garnish with shredded ginger.