|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||73 / 18|
Karela is a slender, climbing vine with long stalked leaves producing separate yellow male and female flowers. Shana Karela may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g and Value Pack of 900g.
Recipe : Crispy Karela
- 300 g Shana Karela
- 4 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Chilli Powder (to taste)
- 30 g Jaggery (dark muscovado sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric powder
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Dhanajeera powder (cumin & coriander mix)
- Paste: Ginger, Green Chillies, Dhanajeera powder, Lemon Juice
- Garnish: Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a Karahi or Wok and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add paste and freshly chopped tomato and cook until soft. Then add the Shana Karela and stir.
- Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes before adding the tumeric powder, chilli powder, jaggery and salt.
- Continue to cook and stir the Shana Karela until they turn crisp (approximately 20 minutes)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.