|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kcal/kJ)||31 / 129|
Guar is an annual summer legume, native to a tropical Africa and Asia and resembles a flat Kenyan bean. Shana Guar may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g and Value Pack of 900g.
Recipe : Guar Sabzi (Shaak)
- 300 g Shana Guar
- 6 tbsp. Oil (corn or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Ajma (lovage seeds)
- Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 6 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric powder
- 1 tsp. 'Dhanajeera' powder (cumin & coriander mix)
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. Jaggery (dark muscovado sugar)
- 2 medium Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a saucepan on a low heat and add the mustard seeds and ajma seeds and fry until they pop.
- Add Asafoetida and immediately stir in the garlic. Fry for half a minute before adding in the Shana Guar and 150 ml or water. Cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer on a low heat until Guar becomes tender. Add chopped tomatoes and the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.