|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||287 / 69|
Arvi is a small root vegetable that is grown from a tropical plant; it has quite an intense flavour compared to potatoes and once cooked it has a sweet, subtle, nutty flavour. Shana Arvi may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the vegetable at its best.
Our vegetables are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Arvi Curry
- 300 g Shana Arvi
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Ginger Root (thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 3 Curry Leaves
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 Dry Red Chilli (broken up)
- 4 tbsp. Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Tumeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup water
- Coriander Leaves (garnish)
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and hing. Let the seeds splutter.
- Add chilli and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and ginger. Fry until onion is slightly browned.
- Add all spices, salt and yogurt. Fry again until oil separates.
- Add Shana Arvi slices and stir-fry for a few seconds, then add water. Bring to boil for 7 - 8 minutes
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with coriander leaves.