|Per Serving / Per 100g|
|Energy (kJ/kcal)||287 / 68|
Amla is known to be a very nourishing fruit with high levels in Vitamin C; it has quite a sharp or even a bitter and sour taste. Shana Amla may be used immediately from frozen, making them a tidy and convenient way of enjoying the fruit at its best.
Our vegetables and fruits are frozen close to the time of harvest to ensure they retain a higher level of vitamins and nutrients. Absolutely no water is added during the IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) process, providing you with nature’s best.
Available in Standard Pack of 300g.
Recipe : Amla Pickle
- 300 g Shana Amla
- 3 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds (cracked)
- 3 tsp. Fennel Seeds (coarsely ground)
- 1 tsp. Nigella Seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Asafoetida (Hing)
- 3 tsp. Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Defrost the Shana Amla in a microwave for 5 - 10 minutes, or until it is defrosted. Cut the Amlas into wedges and remove the seeds.
- Mix oil, all spices and salt in a bowl. Add the Amla pieces and toss well.
- Bottle the pickle in a sterilised glass jar and leave the jar in the sun for 3 - 4 days.
- This pickle can be stored for 1 month at room temperature or refrigerated for 6 months.