Here are five important reasons to stock up today, and all year round, on frozen vegetables:
- They mature – in a good way! Because most frozen vegetables are frozen shortly after they’re harvested, they’re allowed to fully ripen, which means they’re chock full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and freezing “locks in” many of their nutrients.
- They’re just as nutritious (or even more so) than fresh! According to researchers, frozen vegetables packed higher levels of antioxidants, including polyphenols, anthocyanins, lutein, and beta-carotene.
- They’re additive-free! Because freezing preserves food, no unwanted additives are needed in bags of frozen goodies.
- They’re super healthy shortcuts! Frozen vegetables don’t require any washing, peeling, or chopping. Therefore, it can save you a ton of time, allowing you to make healthy dishes at home, rather than opting for takeout.
- They last longer! You can keep them frozen up to 1 year.